Another Koh Tao Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just back from diving on koh tao for a couple of weeks, it's the first time I've been back for 3 years. I was diving with Asia Divers which has changed a lot in the last 3 years.

They have a fantastic new dive centre based in sairee village, all new rooms each ensuite and with the option of air con if you like. They also have a really nice bar and restaurant on site too.

On the boats I took the liberty of listening in to the briefings and what the students were saying. The instruction looks superb and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.

I would deff recommend them, I think they're prob the most professional, well run and friendly dive company I have seen. If anyone is interested their website is www.asia-divers.com

The first couple of days diving was over on the east coast as the weather was unusually rough due to the tail end of the cyclone. Normally this time of year the weather is excellent. It was good to dive the east coast though as it meant doing a lot of dive sites I havent dived much in the past. Laem Thien was particularly good, in spite of the bad weather at the start the viz here was excellent, right down to 20 metres. Its a great site too with lots of nice swim throughs.

Red rock too was nice diving, as was white rock and chumpon. The only dissapointing dive site was twins, this was busier than I have ever seen but was still worth doing, especially to see a juvenile angel fish which was really beautiful.

The island still doesnt seem to have been spoilt yet, I guess that could change in a year or so if theres too much development but being able to go down to shark bay to see the reef sharks come in late afternoon on an almost deserted beach was great.

Just bad now to be back in scotland and to only have the cold waters of scotland's lochs to look forward to over the next few months!

Greg Jenkins

Well, but you guys can brag that you can go diving with Nessie... :wink:

thanks for the trip report. One of these days I'll have to give Koh Tao a shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom