Another One...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I switched to a BP/W (Halcyon Pioneer 36) and I must admit it is something incredible...

Using previous dive logs I got everything right from the start (read weights and weights placement) and the sensations underwater were simply stunning...

It was like I had nothing on my back, full control of what I was doing and no troubles at all in venting the wings...

With just 4/5 small bursts of air I was ready to go...

I must admit I was a little bit worried about the Halcyon metal inflator, weight placement, Halcyon inflator hose and no quick dump but after the 1st dive all my worries disappeared...

Thanks ScubaBoard (where I collected all the info about this rig), I knew nothing about BP/W and Hogarthian set up and now I am a very happy diver...

I also would like to add a couple of notes:

1) It seems to me that the over inflate valve is wrongly located, am I wrong ???
2) Should I shorten the necklace ???
3) I am currently using a 2mt hose and as you can see it tends to go behind me, should I put the hose under the belt ???

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

1) I'm not familiar with the position of the overpressure valve on this rig.

2) It looks like it could be a little shorter, but THIS post will give you a rational way to go about determining how long it should be.

3) If you don't use a knife, pocket, or canister light on your right hip to tuck the hose under, then the hose should be folded and pulled down through your waistband. Letting it float like that is an entanglement hazard as well as being very annoying.

Erik Il Rosso:
1) It seems to me that the over inflate valve is wrongly located, am I wrong ???
2) Should I shorten the necklace ???
3) I am currently using a 2mt hose and as you can see it tends to go behind me, should I put the hose under the belt ???

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

1) Once you get horizontal and off the bottom, the position will make sense

2) You need to shorten the hose on the necklace more than anything

3) Tuck it into your waste belt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom