Another reminder of why i solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The feeling is mutual.:grouphug2:

Being as this is the solo forum, perhaps you should have your group hug elsewhere. If you are feeling in need of group think validation and consensus, this being the solo forum, I fear you are in the wrong place.

N

...this is the solo forum.....

It does sound a bit like an oxymoron, doesn't it?
...perhaps you should have your group hug elsewhere. If you are feeling in need of group think validation and consensus, this being the solo forum, I fear you are in the wrong place.

Thanks for the therapy. Check's in the mail.

... I prefer to make it hurt at the gym ... when I'm diving, it's my time to relax and enjoy myself ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey Grateful Diver,

Yeah, I prefer to relax and enjoy that .5 sac rate and effortless buoyancy and trim control while in the water. It is very satisfying knowing I am sipping gas and enjoying the view without much effort.

One good dive makes the running, biking, walking, and upper body program well worth it.

While on the EKG machine for my Tec 40 physical, that flat line with the occasional little blip was my heart just loping along. No pain no strain. And that's what my heart is doing while I am diving...just loping along.

Hey Nemrod:

Solo diving is our salvation; I will gladly watch you solo dive at mach 1 while I am "dead-in-the-water" (nautical term for not moving)! To each his own!

markm

It's harder for me to be "dead in the water, as the water in my river is moving. :wink:

John

Where in the river do you dive, John? Seems like it'd be kinda nasty around the metro area. Upstream ... maybe around Hood River ... might be kinda nice ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Where in the river do you dive, John? Seems like it'd be kinda nasty around the metro area. Upstream ... maybe around Hood River ... might be kinda nice ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob,

Actually, both the Willamette River and the Columbia River are not too interesting to me, although for decades now I've thought of diving on the flooded Celilo Falls area behind The Dalles Dam on the Columbia River. The Willamette River, at a part of Portland, is a SuperFund Cleanup Site, and so diving there would not be good. However, we have a number of rivers, and the Clackamas River comes into the Willamette River at about Oregon City, just below Willamette Falls. I have dived there in the Clackamas River, but usually go a bit upstream to Gladstone to dive High Rocks on the Clackamas River. That's my playground. Right now the river is high, and has a bunch of currents, but I have dived it in this condition in years past. I may actually dive it later this week. Here is a video I just produced featuring High Rocks on the Clackamas River, and the aquatic life found there.
Enjoy,

SeaRat

Last edited:
Dr. Bill,

I like your weight formula. It fit me pretty well for my freshwater diving.

Concerning the snorkel, when we were doing parascuba jumping in the USAF, many of us would put the snorkel under our knife straps on our leg, usually on the inside of the leg. That way, we had it if we needed the snorkel, but it was not an entanglement hazard during our jump.

Parascuba jump, Buckner Bay, Okinawa, 1968.

SeaRat
Go ahead PADI, teach that entry.

Back
Top Bottom