Another Sherwood Wisdom bites the dust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl15

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Maybe this thread should be posted in the Whine & Cheeze section because this is just what I'm doing: my third factory replaced Sherwood Wisdom died this weekend.

This is the third Wisdom I've had since last July.

First one flooded. Second one died for reasons that my LDS did not provide.

I've read a lot on this board and spoken to several other divers who experienced fluctuations with pressure readings, and this was just what happened this weekend.

In addition, this third Wisdom was very loopy on my EANx dive, insisting that my PO2 was "HIGH" even though I was well within my MOD and it was my first dive of the week.

After it went into lockout mode, it started flipping out. Half of the LED readings were gone, then last night, it started to make a phantom dive and got itself bent! LOL

I'm calling the LDS when they open today. Do you guys think I'm within my rights to insist on my money back? Am I well within my rights to refuse to accept another Wisdom as a replacement? I won't dive with this POS anymore. :(

I had 80 or so dives on my first Wisdom when it died and now have 170 dives on my second Wisdom and it is still going strong. My second one seems reliable enough to me.

Asking for a replacement is in order, and Sherwood will give you another full 2 years on the warranty. Asking for your money back is probably not reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom