Another stupid bungee question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deal with it. snap bungee over the valve knob, you'll likely have to have the valves facing inwards. It is unlikely you are doing anything where you'd have to manipulate the valve on that side with one hand so you pull the left tank out with your left hand, then manipulate with your right.

Also, I don't know if you use a yoke regulator for your back mount diving and DIN for your sidemount, but you can get valves that have a little insert to convert from yoke to DIN. Just FYI if you ever get your own tanks.
I usually dive DIN on both, depending on which of my BM regs I use (I have a few) but I always hold an allen key handy to remove the adapter.

I have not had any issue with my bungee staying on such valves. I just end up with nob in on one side and out on the other. Not something I would like an tech dives, but no big deal for NFL dives.

I have not had any issue with my bungee staying on such valves. I just end up with nob in on one side and out on the other.

Same. I just had to use rentals with these valves because my LDS's compressors were down, so I couldn't get a fill on my own cylinders. It was a little harder than usual to get the loop bungee on them, but I didn't notice them in the water at all.

Yes, those DGX modular valves are good.

You guys are jerks, making me spend money. I bought left & right handed long-neck modular valves from DGX.

There are many ways of attaching the tanks in sidemount. Loop bungees just the most popular if you have left/right valves, but not easy in your situation with two identical usual rental tanks.

Please check out "toddy style" tank attachments:
5. Attaching Scuba Cylinders – TODDY STYLE
and the first type "independent bungees" here:
Sidemount Bungee Styles | Dive Rite

Threading the boltsnap with bungee between the hoses and tank takes practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom