Another tank / cylinder rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like AL80's or smaller.

View attachment 456342

Mine was made for the AL80s. It should work for anything 7.25" in diameter. As you said, it should work for anything similar and shorter.

Yours looks nice! I was happy that the necks were avoided because I didn't know if that was a faux pas. That is why I also left the gap. During travel the straps would hold the tanks unless I get rear-ended, where the 1x8 would kick in hopefully. I like your design. I would prefer no play. It may nag on me enough to take a quarter inch off the runners on the "bottom" end.

Mine was made for the AL80s. It should work for anything 7.25" in diameter. As you said, it should work for anything similar and shorter.

Yours looks nice! I was happy that the necks were avoided because I didn't know if that was a faux pas. That is why I also left the gap. During travel the straps would hold the tanks unless I get rear-ended, where the 1x8 would kick in hopefully. I like your design. I would prefer no play. It may nag on me enough to take a quarter inch off the runners on the "bottom" end.

the necks are pretty strong. That rack is supporting them a bit at the neck, but it was mainly to keep them from sliding forward and backwards, and left to right vs. weight bearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom