Another "Which One" question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calinectes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK.... now that you guys have helped me understand camcorders a little better here's the question. I know there has to be compromise here.......

Which camcorder is "best" for underwater work that comes in under $1000 (not list but actual purchase $) ? This time I'm looking for make and model.

Personally I fell in love with the specs for the JVC GR X5. There seems to be a lack of housings though.

One other thing........... I'm not buying till after the 1st of the year, and I can get a good deal on Ike stuff.

Thanks,

C

When you say under $1,000...are you talking about the camera alone, or camera and housing. If you are talking about the camera alone...I would highly recommend the 3Chip Sony PC1000, 2.8mp still image capture.

I'm talking camera alone. I know there's no decent camera/housing for under $1000. I'm likely to start without lights, just using a filter.

Ok. Well then I would highly recommend the Sony PC1000. It is a 3ccd camcorder, compact and it takes 2.8mp stills. There are numerous housings, everything from camera specific to generic housings that fit this camera. Depending on budget and features, there is sure to be a quality housing for you.

the camera retails from Sony is 1299, however you can find it from many AUTHORIZED dealers for around 1,000-1,100. I currently sell it for1150 unless purchased in a package with a housing etc.

I hope this has helped you. let me know if you have any specific questions.

Back
Top Bottom