another wrist-mount question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am going to purchase a DR-DUO computer shortly. I see on the website what computers are listed as fitting the wrist boot. IIRC, the Gekko was one listed. The dimentions of the duo and the gekko are very close. Gekko is 1.1 inch tall and 2.4 inch diameter. The Duo is 1 inch tall and 2.5 inch diameter. The boot looks to be made of rubber (or some similar compound), so why is it that this will not fit? Will it trully NOT fit or is not recommended because it wasn't specifically designed for my computer?

I'm tempted to buy one just to see.

Are the buttons in the same place?

Generally, but I see nothing that would block them. But I think the point has gone moot. I was PMed tonight about a TDS thread concerning the DR duo. I guess the duo (and tusa IQ-700, and one other; they are all the same with different names) has a nasty habit of going dead. There was post after post about people on thier 2nd or 3rd computer because they keep croaking. DR just ships them new ones.
I would go on, but isn't the right spot for that topic.

Comrade

fire_diver:
I am going to purchase a DR-DUO computer shortly. I see on the website what computers are listed as fitting the wrist boot. IIRC, the Gekko was one listed. The dimentions of the duo and the gekko are very close. Gekko is 1.1 inch tall and 2.4 inch diameter. The Duo is 1 inch tall and 2.5 inch diameter. The boot looks to be made of rubber (or some similar compound), so why is it that this will not fit? Will it trully NOT fit or is not recommended because it wasn't specifically designed for my computer?

I'm tempted to buy one just to see.

It is not practical for us to source every dive computer / compass ever made or even currently available.

The mounts we do produce are built to specifically fit a given device or family of devices.

Is it possible that some other computer will fit? Sure it's possible. Will I guarantee it will fit, and fit exactly the way the "proper" computer / BT / Compass fits? No, I can't.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom