Antares dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

207diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i recently started using the Antares dry glove system on my Waterproof D7 suit and have been very happy with it. They are easy to get on and I have not experienced any leaks yet, I do however seem to have a hard time getting them off. When I twist my hand the gloves pop out of the rings I am using the green spanner rings which I believe are the thicker of the two and the o-rings are well lubricated and clean. Any advise or ideas?

I am sure you are aware but there is also the newer Ultima Dry Glove that goes with the Waterproof Drysuit. I use it and I am very happy with the gloves and the "system". A buddy I dive with is not happy with his Antares - he finds they pop-off when he does not want them to...
You may want to consider the newer glove system - unless you just bought the Antares..

Perhaps the ring/glove has some lubricant on it?
Clean them to make sure there is no wax/silicone/etc on the ring.

Also, when doffing, try to do the twist in a quick snap, as opposed to a slow turn.
It just needs about 1/2" turn on the wrist ring to then slide out.

I've never had the issue you describe...I use the orange gloves and green insert rings.

Is it possible you are using a very small size glove, and the insert ring stretches it thin, so there is less fiction holding them in place?

I'm using the xl black latex textured gloves made for the Antares ring system. I just started using them so I'd like to try to make them work before giving up and trying somthing else. I'll try repositioning the rings and see how it goes. Do you all place the rings inside th glove or on the outside and fold them over it?

Do you all place the rings inside th glove or on the outside and fold them over it?

Green insert inside glove, then slide into outer ring. Cut excess glove material that sticks out past insert ring.
Make sure there is no lube/dirt between outer ring and glove/insert.

Back
Top Bottom