Anthony's Key questions ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for a great review.

How did you handle crew tips? If you’re on the same boat, can you just tip at the end? Add it onto the bill etc?

Thanks for a great review.

How did you handle crew tips? If you’re on the same boat, can you just tip at the end? Add it onto the bill etc?

I tipped our divemaster and captain personally. The resort will provide envelopes for you to place in a slot (at the front desk) at the end of the week. We tipped the water taxi guy personally as well. We used the envelope for the restaurant staff, and left cash on the desk for our housekeeper. I'm pretty sure you can add tips with your charge card - but we brought cash specifically for tipping.

Btw, on the second day there I left a pair of scuba socks on the deck to dry and they blew into the water next to our bungalow. I mentioned it to the taxi guy and he asked our room number, and that afternoon they were clipped to the laundry line on the deck! (I couldn't figure out how to climb down into the mangroves to get my socks, but someone knew the trick - probably did it with the boat).

Just a tip on the bug juice...

When we were at AKR, we used the Cactus Juice brand that a friend had told me about. My wife and I made it thru 12 days relatively unscathed. Got hit by the noseeums a few times here and there but some a re bound to happen by missing a spot, or after getting out of the ocean/pool/shower before you can lotion up again. They sell the Cactus Juice there but It's probably cheaper to buy it before you leave and just take it with you so you know you have plenty.

ETA...be aware there are 2 different styles of Cactus Juice, one is a lotion with a sunscreen SPF of 20 in it. The other is a pump spray that has no additional sunscreen factor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom