Any amputee divers interested in splitting DiveR fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Domsz06

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Like the title says I was curious if any other amputee divers are on here that would be interested in splitting a set of DiveR fins. I just had a custom made free dive fin and it is freaking bad to the bone!! I want to use it to also "Pack" dive but afraid with groups it will just be way too long. We could split the normal non custom fin and it would be pretty cheap. Id even pay for shipping to your house as well. I know I'm not an established member on here per say, but I have lots of people I can refer you to that I'm a honest member on other forums.

Just let me know.

Thanks all!!

Sean

Sean, if you are in the Houston area, Captain Randy Widaman is a long time dive boat captain, dive instructor, President of the Lunarfins dive club (NASA's club) and since he was the Captain of the Spree and Fling for 10 years or so, has the most awesome collection of single fins. It seemed to me that he had upwards of 100 fins, last count, none of them matched the other. Randy lives in League City and shouldn't be too hard to find. That old boy swims faster with one leg than most do with two. Give him a shout and see if he won't fix you up.

Like the title says I was curious if any other amputee divers are on here that would be interested in splitting a set of DiveR fins. I just had a custom made free dive fin and it is freaking bad to the bone!! I want to use it to also "Pack" dive but afraid with groups it will just be way too long. We could split the normal non custom fin and it would be pretty cheap. Id even pay for shipping to your house as well. I know I'm not an established member on here per say, but I have lots of people I can refer you to that I'm a honest member on other forums.

Just let me know.

Thanks all!!

Sean

What stiffness are you targeting? Florida Freedivers is only 5 minutes from my office...

Sean, if you are in the Houston area, Captain Randy Widaman is a long time dive boat captain, dive instructor, President of the Lunarfins dive club (NASA's club) and since he was the Captain of the Spree and Fling for 10 years or so, has the most awesome collection of single fins. It seemed to me that he had upwards of 100 fins, last count, none of them matched the other. Randy lives in League City and shouldn't be too hard to find. That old boy swims faster with one leg than most do with two. Give him a shout and see if he won't fix you up.

Ok cool I'll have to check him out. I'm in Houston indeed, and know the city your talking about as my Mom lives right next to it.

I emailed the president of "lunarfins" so hope I can get intouch with Randy.

LOL, found Randy on FB. Dropped him a line.

What stiffness are you targeting? Florida Freedivers is only 5 minutes from my office...

I really have no idea honestly. I'm new to all of this stiffness and what not. I had Ray make me the custom fin and it's so sweet, just have to get a smaller size mares pocket as it was too large. I think I don't like super stiff fins. Kicking with only one leg is a bit different and you do more of a leg movement then the ankle, I think anyway.

I'm talking with an Austins dive shop outta FL on getting a new mares pocket. They said I could just exchange my one I have now. Seems like a great group of guys.

The fin is a custom fit soft to med stiffness. Ray thought it would be the easiest to use, and so far I freaking love it :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom