Any Australians here done DM or Instructor course in Asia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone ... I'm new to SCUBAboard and looking for information on DM and/or Instructor courses/internships ....

There is so much mixed opinion on these boards about what locations are best / which companies are best / etc etc

I am hoping that there are some Australians on here that wouldn't mind sharing their experiences with me via an email or even a phone call ... I am quite prepared to spend the right amount of money on a course to make sure I get a good course and good experience ... I'm not fussed about location or even country either if you have other suggestions ..

thanks in advance for your help
Michael

I am hoping that there are some Australians on here that wouldn't mind sharing their experiences with me via an email or even a phone call ... Michael

G'day,

I haven't met ANY Aussie Instructor here I think within the last 17 years and only very few Australian divers. The good news is that there are plenty of Poms on the island and yes, they do speak English too!

:D

Thanks for the reply ...
are you a professional diver in thailand? do you run a shop? Can you share with me your experience? recommendations etc etc

Thanks again

Hello Aussie,

Try to find " Limbo " on this board.
This men worked already many times with people from Australia and with success!
He can answer you all your questions.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply ...
are you a professional diver in thailand? do you run a shop? Can you share with me your experience? recommendations etc etc

Thanks again

Yes, I am a diving professional (highest rating Master Instructor (PADI) but also NAUI and IANTD certified) and no, I do not run a shop.
I recommend you contact "Ringo" and ask her about your plans. She'll be able to give you good advice.

Not sure where Bowmouth has been living, but there are loads of Aussie DM's and instructors in Thailand and particularly in Koh Tao. Mark Soworka, Course Director and Manager at Buddha View (bv@samart.co.th or buddha@samart.co.th) is Aussie. He can be a big help to you if you're looking for an Aussie perspective. Crystal Divers, Big Blue, Master Divers, Ban's Diving and Sunshine Divers on Koh Tao all have Australians on staff. Nangyuan Easy Divers has an Aussie Manager and his Aussie girlfriend works as an instructor. I'm sure there's many more that I'm overlooking, but if you send inquiries to any of those shops, I'm sure you'll find someone who speaks your language!!! Best of luck!

Not sure where Bowmouth has been living, but there are loads of Aussie DM's and instructors in Thailand and particularly in Koh Tao...

Bowmouth has been living mostly at sea but never at Ko Tao! It's good to read that there are at least some Aussies in Thailand but it's too bad that that they all seem to have chosen the Gulf-islands as their (temporary) home.
The Andaman Sea diving is so much nicer than the Gulf....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom