Any comments on Garmin Descent MK1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a great all around fitness/smart watch and mine stays on my wrist 24/7. I like that it geotags your entry and exit! However, I always dive with my Teric for deco and wireless AI. If I am on CCR, I dive with another two Petrels in addition to the Descent and Teric.

Garmin Descent MK1 is my first dive watch and I like it. It has a decent battery life and GPS is very reliable.

It's worth noting, if you decide to purchase, that, at least as of a month ago, if you know someone with a student email address, they can get 35% off garmins through myunidays.com. That's how I got my fenix 5.

I absolutely love mine, and I get a lot of people asking about it. They usually stop once I tell them the price though :wink:

I haven't tried out any mode other than single gas, but they added CCR support a little while ago.

If you're curious what kind of information you get on a typical dive, here's one of mine from December.

I just ordered one to supplement my Perdix. I like the higher resolution on the NDL bar graph, vibrating alerts because I am old and can't hear for _ _ _ _ (and I have a tendency to ascend too fast), and the smart / sports watch options.

Dear All
Thank you!
Just share some information to who is interested
IMG_3596.jpg

Back
Top Bottom