Any compact and lightweight freediving fins for airline travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to be able to pack really light and take advantage of carry-on-only airfares without checking in any bags. A lot of airlines have a max dimension of about 54cm or 21 inches for their max carry-on length and a total weight limit of 7-10kg.

Needless to say, my freediving fins far exceed that length.

So are there any fins on the market that can collapse down really short, are light, and which are still decent for freediving?

Aeris Accel. Short, light, powerful, and indestructable.

Depending on the airline you can take a fin bag with 1 or 2 pairs and give it to the flight attendant to put on the coat closet. Just did that with 2 pairs of very long ones on American Airlines didn't have to pay any extra.

I've hand-carried mine on Hawaiian and American and didn't have any issues. Please do tie them together because backpack + right fin + left fin = 3pcs of carryon but backpack + 2 fins tied together = 2pcs of carryon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom