Any confirmation on 12/09/12 or 12/10/12 Cozumel diving fatality ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone heard of a Cozumel diving fatality which occurred on Monday, Dec. 9 or Tuesday Dec. 10 ? Possibly a cruise ship diver ? I checked the A & I forum as well as Diver to Diver and didn't find anything.

Sue

First I've heard of it. Will ask around, if I have an opportunity...

Haven't heard anything about it! I will ask Pedro if he has heard anything. Where did you get the information?

My father is on a two week back to back cruise that came to port to Cozumel on Tuesday, Dec. 10. While waiting in line to board the ship, a woman who had been on a dive tour mentioned that a 45 year old woman had died while on a scuba excursion. When he called me today while in port in Miami he mentioned this story. I told him that there is usually some some of report that is made and that I had not seen any such news. It all could very well be rumor.

Still haven't found anything out! Maybe that woman was speaking about a past accident that she had heard about or just plain rumor. If I hear anything I will share what I know!

It has some close details to the March 2012 event.

I questioned the story when my Father mentioned it as there were no reports of an incident on the boards. Most likely it was a rumor or miscommunication of some sort. Thanks to all who put the feelers out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom