Any current vis reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well now it was an amazing day at the PP ferry (south whidbey) yesterday, local artist and photographer had to get ready for the dive show and I just got a coulple of digital underwater cameras, I am in need of a few rules of the sea on shooting the digital camera. So I decided to go spearfishing and hit my slack dropped down and was great to see about 40" vis with big particles, so the sun made the ferry glow, then a cloud came by and another and another, so I decided I better shoot my lunch, and as I approached the top of the ferry I couldn't believe it, those were not clouds at all, it was three gray whales.

So I was excited, yet I knew I needed to calm not to scare so I just stop breathing and planted a finger on the ferry and watched, they seen me then vanished, so I was in the middle by the engines and they came back this time I just turned to my back and kicked along with them, one on each side and one just behind soon the ferry ended and I just kicked with them until they surfaced.

HAPPY DIVING

Oh wow!! How awesome!!! I'm jealous!!

South whidbey was sunny, yet vis is just less than 8' and dark at depth, the bloomgloom is down past 80' and I'm sure with a all day sun it will not Improve much.

HAPPY DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom