Any current Vis reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PNW Dive Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
WE heading up to dive Alki this weekend. We haven't been up for a few months. Any reports? I'm hoping my dry suit leak is fixed! It's been plaguing me for months!

Peter dove there a couple of days ago, and said the viz was about 20 feet. He and his buddy found a GPO out in the open and followed it around for over 15 minutes. I had to work :(

There has been an ENORMOUS GPO denned up under the Honey Bear, so be sure to have a look there when you come.

If you're near Cove 2 in the morning, we might run into one another -- I'll be diving with Peter's OW class on Saturday.

I'll be there on Saturday as well around 10am.

We'll be there early Saturday, before 8am and plan on doing 3 dives, so we'll be there most of the day. It looks like a sunny one!

Well the weather was great! The vis excellent. My husband has been having some sinus problems that haven't totally cleared up. We called the day after one shallow dive. I've seen the GPO under the Honey Bear a few months ago. I didn't see it on this trip.

Lets envigorate this thread.....Redondo Beach today was about 15" vis at depth, hit the bottlefield, then the leak in my drysuit finally hit my crotch area.....ending the dive!

Probably 30-40 feet at alki today, even with divers stirring it up a bit. Top layer of the water was exceptionally clear.

Should be really fantastic viz in a couple weeks or so.

Saltwater State Park yesterday, 9/12, was between 20 and 30 feet of viz, going down a bit as the tide came in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom