Any direct flights from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale to Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Am planning a trip to Roatan in October or thereabouts.

I live in Key Largo, Fl. and can fly out of either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I have seen information that there ARE direct flights from either of these airports yet when I've gone to the various Airline websites I can't can't find any flights.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

We took Delta flight 1517 out of Miami direct flight about 2 hours long or so. Same thing returning.
Please note there are more flights on Saturdays than any other travel day. That is one crowded airport mid-day. Seems all airlines land about the same time, drop off, then load up and head back within an hour or so of each other. Craziness.
And some flights are only run seasonally.

I live in Key Largo, Fl. and can fly out of either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I have seen information that there ARE direct flights from either of these airports yet when I've gone to the various Airline websites I can't can't find any flights.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

American Airlines - Airline tickets and cheap flights at AA.com flights from MIA to RTB on Saturdays for sure and Wednesdays also I think. Another good site is Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, and Travel Search | Hipmunk

We took Delta flight 1517 out of Miami direct flight about 2 hours long or so. Same thing returning.

Probably not, You likely took American Airlines flight 1517, the one I posted above . Delta 1517 is a flight From Jacksonville, Delta flies Direct to RTB From ATL

There are no non-stop FLL->RTB flights in November.

Use this to find all non-stop flights anytime during November from MIA. It's the same database most airlines and travel portals use. Matrix - ITA Software

It appears as shown in RTBDiver's link that they're all on Wednesday or Saturday.

AA flies to RTB on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from MIA, as RTBDiver points out, and Saturdays from DFW. Delta has just the one Saturday flight per week out of ATL. United has the old Continental flights every day from IAH, twice on Saturdays.

Please note there are more flights on Saturdays than any other travel day. That is one crowded airport mid-day. Seems all airlines land about the same time, drop off, then load up and head back within an hour or so of each other. Craziness.

Most of the resorts are expecting a Saturday to Saturday stay. For the three flights that leave before 1 pm, it is chaotic. There isn't enough room in the waiting area for all of the people on those flights, and there certainly isn't enough room as people line up for their boarding groups. The best flight out on Saturday is the late afternoon United flight, simply because there isn't the same number of people in the waiting area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom