Any experience with Grapevine Scuba or Lone Star Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

norine62

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I'm looking into a NAUI Master Diver course (what can I say... I'm institutionalized with schooling and need more! UNT is making me graduate!), and these two shops are the only two in the DFW area that seem to offer them.

I'm checking them out on my own, and plan to head to each to talk to people, etc... but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these shops - I respect a lot of y'all opinons, so let them fly.

TIA,

John

C.B. Kloppe is the proprietor at Grapevine Scuba, and he does a great job with everything. I've purchased mostly accessories from him, but he's a really nice guy and has a great sense of humor. You will really like him. PM me if I can help you any further with it.

I use Lone Star Scuba in Fort Worth almost excuslively. In fact, my wife got her open water through there.

They've always been helpful, friendly, and competitive on prices. I haven't been to the other Lone Star shop, but I'm confident it will have the same high customer service that the one in Fort Worth does.

John... both are respected area shops and I am sure either LS/Ftw or Grapevine Scuba would treat you well on your instruction/training.

I also use Lone Star Scuba (Fort Worth).
The instructors / staff are helpful, friendly and competent.
The shops stocks quality gear.
I did my PADI o/w & advanced o/w with the Fort Worth school... excellent training.
I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Lone Star Scuba.

John... both are respected area shops and I am sure either LS/Ftw or Grapevine Scuba would treat you well on your instruction/training.

That is true. Lone Star is not my normal dive shop but I have purchased a couple of items from Lone Star, one my brother in law bought me a tank from there. They do seem to be very friendly and helpful.
As Texdiveguy said either one will treat you well.
Just my two cents worth.

Just to stir the pot a little.
Scubatoys is a NAUI shop just another thought.

CB is great at Grapevine scuba and Manny is very nice at Lone Star Scuba in Fort Worth.
For what its worth the owners are not the person teaching the course usually.

Might want to see what each stores plans are. Ask for a classroom schedule, expected pool time and plans for lake dives.

I know that Lone Star of Ft. Worth has alot of University Scuba vetrans that go through that store and teach there.

University Scuba is a NAUI College educational program through UTA.
If you have a long semster- that is an excellent option.

Regards, Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom