Any experience with the FIX LED1000DX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the help.
After seeing his video, I do not need a diffuser.
I believe that with the two FIX Led1000, I will get good images.
Soon I send a video test for you to see the result.

I been testing the FIXLED1000 for a season now and have only great things to say about it.
The only "problem" that I've had with using it as a main dive lamp is that when viz is (very) low, then the extremely wide beam makes it a bad choice. But already when viz is OK (3-4m) it's a great main dive lamp. But again, the beam is very wide so you wont be able to point at things in the distance. On the other hand you will more or less lighten up the whole ocean (on night dives).

As a focus light, it's nothing but brilliant in any conditions.

In very low viz and shooting fisheye, you should be a little careful though when using it at full power as you may get some extra backscatter.

I'm looking forward to testing it with recording uw-video this season. I plan to use it together with a DS-161 ("video light").

I have a friend who had a problem with the FIXLED1000 though. He was diving is very warm waters in Indonesia (> 30 celcius) and had it on full power. After some time it overheated and he had to turn it off for a little while.

When using it as a focus light, you never want to have it on full power.

I get 2 FIXLED 1000 recently and was impressed.

Each unit has excellent power and I can say that the quality is superior to a 50w HID Dive Rite.

Not recommend for technical diving.

Excellent focus and not really necessary diffuser for video. White light and good intensity.

Once you use them, I publish a video to see the result.

Not to hijack this thread but wanted to know if anyone experienced flooding problem with their FIXLED1000DX.

I have two units (1st unit 90 dives on it - 2nd unit 50 dives on it). Last week while I was diving in Balicasag, I noticed my 1st unit was lighted (very minimal) despite the dial was in off position. After the dive, I opened the battery compartment and no leak. Not even a single drop of water was found inside the battery compartment. Removed the battery since it will light up even if its off position. Next day my 2nd unit acted up. Same problem but this time my leak indicator was lighted indicating a leak. After the dive, I opened up the battery compartment and again not a single drop of water could be found. It was dry. Both battery charges fine. Could I have possibly gotten two units of factory defects? How unlucky is that and what are the chances?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I could end up with 1000 dollars worth of dead weight.

Regards,

I'll do a test next friday with my units.

Testing in a container with water, one unit has changed after a few minutes for low power (safe mode), because of warming. Understand, because the container is small, and the leds very warm

On saturday I leave you feedback of my test.

Hi

It looks like I am the only one with problems with my Fisheye LED 1000DX lights. Bought 3 lights in Feb 2010. Had to change one light after the first dive weekend and in the 5 months I had them 2 have leaked and are no longer working.

Does anyone have the same problems?

To Phil8diver.

I bought my lights in the Philippines. Maybe the batch sent to the Philippines was defective. Please let me know if you could sort your problem out as I am also sitting with $1200 of dead weight.

At this moment I have problems with the 2 units from Led 1000DX.

Unit 1 - During at dive, she changed to low power, by heating with a few minutes.
Unit 2 - Water entered and damaged the circuit.

I will return to store, because I want the warranty from this products.

Hmmm.... just bought mine and no problems (so far). Hope any problems have been fixed...

Back
Top Bottom