Any experience with the FIX LED1000DX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just reporting back info from dives yesterday (Sat. Aug 21st)…

1st Dive – 72 degrees max depth 89 feet (fresh water) @ Blue Grotto Springs – Williston, FL

Turned on light to FULL power after descending to 10ft.

9 mins. On (Blinking Red Overheating Warning started) - Off for 5 mins and warning cleared – tuned back on again…
8 mins. On (Blinking Red Overheating Warning started) - Off for 6 mins and warning cleared – tuned back on again…
10 mins. On (Blinking Red Overheating Warning started) - Off for 7 mins and warning cleared – OUT of water

No noticeable “fogging” on interior of lens
Battery at ½ capacity (two leds).

2nd Dive – 72 degrees max depth 54 feet (fresh water) @ Blue Grotto Springs – Williston, FL

Turned on light to FULL power after descending to 10ft.

17 mins. On (Blinking Red Overheating Warning started) - Off for 1 min and warning cleared – tuned back on again…
22 mins. On – OUT of water (no overheating detected)

Very small amount of fogging on interior of lens (dead center – about the size of my pinky finger nail… ~ 1/3” dia.)
Battery at 1/4 capacity (one led).

I’m not overly concerned – but maybe perplexed. What should performance be? I obviously expected more time on continuously (like 2nd dive). Not sure about rated power yet (66 mins. – but not to the “end” either).
Seems like the overheating thing is possibly a problem?

What should I be experiencing? :idk:

I have only done cold water diving with my FX1000 but so far so very good. No leak, no fogging and no overheat. Water temperature has been from 20 down to 5 degrees celcius. Battery seems to last forever. After 1.5h night dive with power on full charging leds show 50% left.

jhelmuth:
You should not be seeing that. In my experience with these lights, that has never been a problem. The ocean is a pretty big heat sink and you should not be having these overheating problems. Send it back and get a new one, this is not the way it should behave.
Bill

Just an FYI update...

Jack (OpticalOceans.com) was very pro-active and took care of it. I'm sending the unit back in exchange for another new one (and they are cross shipping it for me so I can take it on my trip at the end of the week to Tobago)...

Just my 2 cents, but this is how I judge a good company and their dealer. It's not when things are going right that shows how good they are - it's when service is really needed that you can see if they stand by the product (or not)...

Great service from Jack @ OpticalOceans!

mine went dead after 15dives last year in december and i am still waiting the replacement because Fisheye lost it somewhere :dork2:

has written to reefphoto.com several times since without something happened :confused: until 1 month ago when they wrote they would send another used lamp som replacement, but have not received anything yet and they have not replied to my email I sent for 2uger ago.

so I would keep myself away from the light and reefphoto.com :banghead:

My fisheye light died for no reason. Flooding was detected and the light wasn't covered in warranty. Make sure to float it in a bathtub.

I had a bad start with my LED500, but after getting it repaired under warranty it has been working perfectly.

mine went dead after 15dives last year in december and i am still waiting the replacement because Fisheye lost it somewhere :dork2:

has written to reefphoto.com several times since without something happened :confused: until 1 month ago when they wrote they would send another used lamp som replacement, but have not received anything yet and they have not replied to my email I sent for 2uger ago.

so I would keep myself away from the light and reefphoto.com :banghead:

Hi Rene,

I would rather not get into specifics in a public forum, however we have responded to every email you have sent us. I had sent you an email on September 3, with some options, and asked what you would like to do. As of today, I haven't received a response from you.

We take pride in our customer service, and never deliberately ignore emails. I think the issue here is we are simply not getting each others emails.

I will email you on this issue again today, and if you do not get this email, please send a note to our support desk at support.team@reefphoto.com, or call us at 954-537-0644.

Tony

Hi Rene,

I would rather not get into specifics in a public forum, however we have responded to every email you have sent us. I had sent you an email on September 3, with some options, and asked what you would like to do. As of today, I haven't received a response from you.

We take pride in our customer service, and never deliberately ignore emails. I think the issue here is we are simply not getting each others emails.

I will email you on this issue again today, and if you do not get this email, please send a note to our support desk at support.team@reefphoto.com, or call us at 954-537-0644 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              954-537-0644      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              954-537-0644      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Tony

Hi tony

I hafe writen back to the email I received from you today.

maybe there is gone mail error 1-2 times but it do not change that I've had to do without lights for over half a year since I bought it.

I am just happi if i can get this over with.

I had a bad start with my 2 LED FIX 1000, but after getting it repaired under warranty it has been working perfectly.

I send to Backscatter in Monterrey, and the lights were returned to the factory in Japan. The circuit and internal pieces has replaced.

Received excellent attention from backscatter team.

Yesterday a did the dive, at 48 meters, and the 2 lights it´s ok !

Excellent light and power.

Clécio Mayrink

Back
Top Bottom