any feedback on Hall's Dive Center in Marathon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking of using Hall's Dive Center for an upcoming trip but have only found one limited review at

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/418223-halls-dive-center-marathon-florida.html

I'd be interested in any additional reviews/comments. I want a smaller boat (up to 12), the freedom to dive our own plan for about 1 hour, a reasonable surface interval and an op that will take us to different sites over the week rather than sticking to a few for the snorklers.

I spoke to Hall's and they sound like they fit the bill but I'm looking for confirmation from people who have used them.

never heard of them..where are they located?

I went out with them many years ago and did not like them but it was so long ago- this may not be fair. We did dive with Abyss - also in Marathon- and loved their operation. That was also years ago but they were family run and had a good philosophy- hopefully they are still around.

I went with them years ago. I will NEVER ever do it again. Terrible experience..

No personal experience with Halls: but a few weeks ago, I was buddied up on Conch Republic's boat during a dive trip on the Duane and S. Grove with a local Keys based diver and when I asked about dive operators in Marathon, she recommended Halls. I had dove the day before with Dive Duck Key in Hawks Kay (related to Tildens) but DDK only goes to the very shallow reefs. If you're looking for shallow stuff, Dive Duck Key is a decent operator: they gave us about 60 minutes per tank on the shallow dives. The cap't and DM on the boat were great as was the guy who worked in the shop at Hawks Kay but I had some major miscommunication issues with the lady who works their phone lines, which to some degree colors my opinion of the operator. Based on the local divers comments I got while out with CR, I'll probably give Halls a try on my next trip to Marathon.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom