Any good ebooks on rebreathers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any good ebooks in the form of training manuals for rebreathers, both SCR and CCR? I haven't taken any rebreathers classes but would like to start reading up on them.

Guh, I was really hoping to read this on a Kindle or something. So that's not possible?

I heard another good book is Deco for Divers?

It is a realy nice book but its not about rebreathers. It explains what N2 does to our body while diving, the fun part is that it trys to do it as simple as possible.

Guh, I was really hoping to read this on a Kindle or something. So that's not possible?

You can with the Kindle Fire via the Bluefire app but not an e-ink Kindle. I agree with @Tribal that Deco for Divers is really good too but they cover different things.

It is a realy nice book but its not about rebreathers. It explains what N2 does to our body while diving, the fun part is that it trys to do it as simple as possible.

Yeah, I know. I just figured that it could be applicable since rebreathers divers can often go into deco.

Does the deco book go into more detail like how to determine your decompression profiles for a deco dive?

Does the deco book go into more detail like how to determine your decompression profiles for a deco dive?

Not really. Decompression dive planning is more the domain of the agency classes such as TDI’s Decompression Procedures class on either open circuit or CCR.

Yeah, I know. I just figured that it could be applicable since rebreathers divers can often go into deco.

It's more about the physiological process and the various approaches to avoid DCS. You'll understand more about why things work, and what can go wrong. How you apply the algorithms in the water is not something you should try to learn from a book alone. You really need someone who knows what they are doing and can ensure you don't do something very bad before you understand the risks.

Grab a copy of Rebreathers Simplified and CCR Trimix Simplified by Mel Clark. Don't know if they are available in ebook. But certainly essential reading for any one contemplating rebreather diving.

Not really. Decompression dive planning is more the domain of the agency classes such as TDI’s Decompression Procedures class on either open circuit or CCR.
There is a big overlap between Deco For Divers and the course books for TDI deco courses. Some share the same author.

The Inspiration manual is worth a read. It has more practical diving stuff than many manuals which expect the manual diving skills to come from the instructor.

Back
Top Bottom