Any hydrostatic test chambers in Victoria/Vancouver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapitanBlack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I need to perform series of hydrostatic crash tests for a plastic underwater camera enclosure. The enclosure dimensions are (W x D x H) - 9.5 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches. I have tested it on a dive down to 30 msw/100ft and pretty sure it will be fine at least down to 50 msw/150ft. However, I need to find the exact pressure at what enclosure will crash or leak.

If anyone knows a company with hydrostatic pod in Victoria or Vancouver - please let me know. Thank you!

TBBT-Q24-UW-width-depth.jpg

Evgeny

Last edited:
Dude.
I bought a gallon paint pot second hand for fifty bucks
and when the pressure drops, is when the thingo pops
unless the pot seal pops first may be
gonna make a plexi window one day :confined:

Tie it to your anchor and drop the hook in the water... Pull it up and check it's still dry, motor off to a deeper bit, drop the hook again... repeat until it leaks...

Would that work?

We will see that on Sunday... I'll be dropping it to 50msw - then (if survive) on 100 meters. I've placed two digital bottom timers inside of enclosure (no camera of course) - so if it will leak - I'll know the depth and time when that happened.

[video=youtube;MWsHuOKt3-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWsHuOKt3-Y[/video][video=youtube;etp2LrA3ELg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etp2LrA3ELg[/video]

Shearwater replied it won't fit into their larger pod. The Liquivision is not in B.C. aren't they?

From Liquivision : About : History

Liquivision Products, Inc is a manufacturer of high performance diving equipment, based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
A lot of good stuff comes from BC. You may also want to try Nuytco.

Nuytco Research Limited
216 East Esplanade
North Vancouver, B.C.
V7L 1A3
Ph: (604) 980-6262
Fax: (604) 980-6236
nrl@nuytco.com
www.nuytco.com

DW-hatch-close-up.jpg

The enclosure has survived 1 dive to 50 meters and two sequential dives to 85 meters - stayed more than an hour underwater.
No issues at all - no damages, no leaks.

Thanks a lot for advises!

Back
Top Bottom