Any info on new Taurus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

openhelix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I hear there is a new "Combat" Taurus semi-dry with thigh pockets. Any pictures or anyone heard anything?

Wow, this forum is DEAD... I ended up with the standard Taurus. Yet to get it wet but the fit and quality is great!

How do you like your Taurus?

Absolutely love it. Use it in mid-40s (down to 5deg C so far) and it's been great! I haven't gotten cold yet and always come up dry save for a few inches around each seal (neck, wrists, ankles).

Thanks a lot,
I am ordering one - I have Waterproof 7 mm wetsuit and absolutely love it. Worth every cent.

I have Aries 7 mm and now I tested my Taurus in a water (13 C). What can I say - I am totally and completely in love with Waterproof. I have gloves, hoods, wetsuit, vests and now semi-dry. I am tall and skinny, with wide hips and scrawny chicken neck. Not your standard garden variety when it comes to wetsuits. Medium is too short, large is too wide...
My Taurus fits like it has been painted onto my skin. Does not restrict ANY movement. The metal zipper does not feel like a broomstick between shoulders like with other semi-dries. The zipper is very comfortable, I can hug myself, can do all sorts of underwater and surface acrobatics in Taurus. I love the ocean blue accents, too. I emerged completely dry - after one hour water was just starting to penetrate the zipper drop by drop, so when I exited water my swimmers were just a tiny bit wet and I did not need a towel to dry myself, I was dry. Now I want it all - I want boots, more vests, 5 mm - all of Waterproof. It is worth every cent. It was well worth the wait and search.

Saw the Taurus 'Combat' at Our World Underwater this past weekend. According to the rep, it's the same as the regular Taurus, except that it's all black and it comes with thigh pockets.

Absolutely love it. Use it in mid-40s (down to 5deg C so far) and it's been great! I haven't gotten cold yet and always come up dry save for a few inches around each seal (neck, wrists, ankles).

Very interesting! I'd be glad to hear more about your experience with the Taurus, and what kind of hood and boots you use, etc.

I hear there is a new "Combat" Taurus semi-dry with thigh pockets. Any pictures or anyone heard anything?

taurus_combat_big.jpg

This is a HECK of a hot-looking suit...more like a SF movie costume than anything else. Price is getting not far off from entry-level drysuits however...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom