Any medical suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sordello

Reaction score
Washington State... for a short time I think!
# of dives
200 - 499
I am 47 years old and according to the doctors very healthy. I had some problems this year as I kept losing weight and could not keep my food down. My GP sent me to the oncologist to test for blood or bone marrow cancer. they both came up negative but the oncologist also tested for sprue which was positive. I was allergic to wheat proteins - it is tough to find compatible foods these days but, I am feeling a lot better now.
I have spent quite a bit of time diving in the northwest - Seattle and Anacortes - and between 1981 and 1987 did most my diving. Since 1988 I've lived in the midwest and have done less than 10 dives a year.

I have volunteered for an expedition in January to study coral reef bleaching and am going to spend a lot of time ocean diving again. Are there any considerations or advice you can provide before the big event. It's been a while since I've been in salt water and I worry about tropical enviorments and bugs.

Back
Top Bottom