Any NON-wide angle, LARGE external lenses for the TG-6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TNEngineer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have a TG-6 and its external enclosure. The system works well and it's a huge step up from a GoPro or a SeaLife. Its only downside for us is its small lens.

I've found a couple of wide angle/fisheye lenses but I'm not going for wider angles. I simply want greater light gathering under ambient conditions, which is generally provided by a larger aperture with a flatter profile. I'm fine with the existing optical zoom range of the TG-6 so I'm not looking for enhanced zoom, though I recognize that I might get a fixed zoom offset by adding the external lens.

Any large aperture, non-wide-angle lenses out there for the TG-6 package? Thanks!

Sorry, that's not how apertures on the TG work. The maximum (widest) f-stop of the camera is determined inside the camera, not by how big the lens on the outside is. The maximum aperture is f/2, no matter what lens you have on the camera. That's not bad, by the way. If you have not got enough ambient light, your only choices are a higher ISO and/or supplying your own light (strobe or video light).

Drat, but thanks for the explanation. Guess it's external lights then. I didn't want the awkward gangly assembly, preferring just a larger lens instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom