Any one tried divecomputer.eu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This situation sounds so odd to me.

(I'm talking about the EU law from here on, I'm not sure how it works in other countries/zones).

The customer has 14 working days to return a product and having his money back, no reasons should be provided, but the product must be returned working and not damaged in any part, so brand new (DOA situations are handled differently).

Here it comes the first question: did you asked to be refunded within 14 days from the initial purchase? It doesn't matter how dives you did with it, it counts the date of the purchase. If not, then the seller isn't obliged by the law to refund the product, instead it's obliged to repair the product. Refunding still a courtesy option (if they want), but it's not mandatory.

If you still within the initial 14 days, you have to communicate your intentions to apply for the right of withdrawal, in this case the product must be shipped back (again: brand new) and the seller has 30 days to reimburse you.

The second question: if this happened within the initial 14 days (see above), did you waited 30 days (after have shipped the product back) to be reimbursed?

You didn't provided the dates, but for what I can understand from your words:

1) Assuming this all occurred after the initial period of 14 days. You had no right to ask for a refund. It doesn't mean you can't still ask to be refunded, but in this case you need to discuss it with the seller. It can take longer because the seller is doing its interest while you're doing yours, since the laws say that the product (if damaged) must be repaired, not reimbursed. The refund in this case will only happen if a repair is not possible.

2) You "illegally" used a credit card dispute, to block/cancel a legit payment. A credit card / bank dispute is not used an instrument to refund a payment for a product that you don't like. It is used instead to block an unauthorized payment (imagine a credit card fraud) or to drawback a payment for a product/service you never received.

3) You didn't waited the proper time. Instead of trying to resolve the issue in the correct manner (and legally), you decided to create your own law (cancelling a payment after have received a product), the seller then (following the law) have denounced you.

You have the right to criticize the product if you don't like it, but you cannot call it a "scam" or a "fraud". In this whole story the one in the wrong it's you.

(I'm no way affiliated to the vendor/seller in question, neither I own any of their products)

In this whole story the one in the wrong it's you.

Right. I only buy stuff that comes with 30 to 90 days no questions asked return policy. I might condiser the ones where I pay return shipping if the shipping cost's low enough. Your own fault for not buying from a place like that.

Right. I only buy stuff that comes with 30 to 90 days no questions asked return policy. I might condiser the ones where I pay return shipping if the shipping cost's low enough. Your own fault for not buying from a place like that.

Good luck buying a Shearwater Perdix AI (my main computer, and one of the best computers out there) and return it after 3 months days asking your full money back. Lemme know what they say... if they can say something between a laugh and another.
However how this change the story? The guy didn't bought a product with a 90 days refund policy! So what's your point?

My point is that you may want to read the story again a few more times until you comprehend the part where the seller has agreed to refund the money and kept failing to do so. (Assuming the story is legit and all that.)

90 days is a typical period for filing a credit card dispute and yes, I could file one against Shearwater if I had a legitimate reason to. Given Shearwater's reputation I don't expect that to ever happen IRL, but that doesn't make it theoretically impossible.

In this particular case the credit card fraud department evidently decided the reasons were legitimate enough, if they issued a refund.

So what's your point?

Maybe it's you who must read that part again: "after them agreeing I could return the computer they then made excuse after excuse to refund me the money".

I read nowhere they have agreed for a refund by just returning the computer. They probably have asked to have the computer back to see what's wrong with it and then eventually to decide for a refund, but this is just an assumption, I comment what I read, not what I imagined to have read, so I invite you to read the whole story again, until you comprehend what they have agreed about.

:rant::laughrant::laughrant::laughrant::laughrant::rant:

You guys done yet?

:shrug: these guys are in Poland. I grew up in the next country over to the right, colour me entirely unsurprised when someone runs into problems with bank transfers, "unobtrusive" customer service, no idea what double chargebacks are or why a business might want to avoid them at all costs... quoting EU regulations just makes me laugh.

Be aware that Divecomputer.eu is a young company, thus there aren't dozens of employees for customer service.
Speaking about service, it can be slow because they're growing too quickly (and I can prove they work a lot, I can show e-mails date/time, you'll never see a big company working on week-end or late at night).
Anyway the product may be good, it's never perfect, all advanced dive computers have failures.

If you want to dive without any problem, use the best computer in the world : deco tables + your brain !

I have met one of the people behind this company when she was having a bad day due to having lost a major customer. They are nice enough but a little naive regarding software development. That is ok though as it is the casing, buttons, screen and sensor that counts. Software can always be sorted later.

They are the same people as Light4Me. That had service teething troubles and all the usual early small company sorts of issues but is more or less the de facto standard for an affordable dive light now.

I can’t say how this will pan out. There is a product, it works (I was on a boat with someone who was doing proper dives with one as a backup recently), it isn’t not yet feature complete. Software can be hard, a quickly knocked up thing can look like it is nearly done just up to the point you realise it will never actually completely work and have to start again. I am not suggesting it is like that but it is a risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom