Any Opinions on Turqoise Bay Resort?? Good, bad or??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been there in April/May 2015, liked it. They dive mostly in the north but also in the south, like at Mary's place. The reefs in the north were in good condition, there were lots of Green Morays; probably, the most I've seen in the Caribbean.

Shop around a bit.

In this time of year until January, for $65 more per week at a different place, you could get another daily additional boat dive and unlimited shore diving.

Looking to go back to Roatan to get wet! Any thoughts on the Turqoise Bay Resort??

Thanks!
Location, location, location...

If you are looking to stay away from most bars, restaurants... you picked a good place.

If you want easy access to good bars and restaurants, a safe tshirt and flip flop atmosphere with a decent beach, lots of dive shops that are close to reef my choice would be West End.

Eat, dive, shore dive, shore dive and sleep would be Coco view.

Eat, dive and closer to bars (water taxi then taxi), restaurants if you want would be AKR.

Beautiful beaches, close to reefs and dive shops, restaurants and bars would be West Bay, (but Cruisers go there also, but no cruise ships for now and/orit is empty around 4 PM after your afternoon dive).

Also Oct to Early Feb is wet season. You can luck out and only lose a day but odds are you will get rain, and possibly a lot of rain. I would not spend vacation time lost by going in Wet season.

Also avoid Easter week. It is crazy down there.

We stayed there a few years ago and found it was just OK. The food was the same day after day and even worse for my wife who did not eat meat or gluten ( real allergy- not just being trendy ) Diving was OK but not what I had hoped for. Very limited diving offered from the onsite dive operation

We stayed there in Nov of 2018. We got the package on sale as it was an off week. The only way we could do it was because I was between clients and my wife hadn’t gone back to work, otherwise we couldn’t have gone that week. I think it was $700 per person.
It was good. Away from everything, subway water sports was a good operation. The diving was great the rooms were simple and clean and comfortable the food was edible. We are the backpack and hostel type of travelers so we really liked it. But if you want all the bells and whistles it might not be for you

Back
Top Bottom