Any plans for a Shearwater Petrel DSS bungee mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as you use a large diameter bungee with a big knot, the fiber-reinforced rubber straps hold up quite well. I'm also not sure how well a Petrel's buttons and raised bolt-heads on the screen would interface with a DSS style mount. Alternatively, I've found thin Kydex strips to work well in place of the rubber strips.

After about 100 dives, one of the fiber reinforced rubber strips broke at the bungee hole. Dr. Lecter, great suggestion, I'm going to replace the rubber straps with Kydex.

Are people having problems with the elastic bands? I can't say I've ever had an issue with them and I've had a Petrel and 3 Predators. I ran bungee on the Petrel once, but I just threaded it through the strap holes. I don't think Tobin needs to go and make a whole mount for it. No need to over-engineer what's already functional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom