Any recent experiences with the Moana, a LOB out of Labuanbajo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will Rogers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at booking this boat with two kids next May and wondered what the collective might have to say?

Many thanks!

Will

Hi Will,

Not super recent, but I was on the Moana a year ago. Good boat. Well appointed. Simple, but comfortable. A/C in the cabins, as I recall... the kids will probably want that. (are they diving?). Food was decent and plentiful.

If you are more specific, I might recall more.

Hi,

I am boarding the MOANA November 22nd this year. Will post my comments here by then. But heard its a good boot.

@will: how was the diving experience with them? Do you know for example if they had seperate groups (experienced en "non-experienced"). I am really keen on diving the top-notch sites (which mostly have stronger currents) like Crystal- and Castle Rock.

Anyway, I cannot wait to dive around Komodo!!

Roy

Hi Roy,

I'll be eager to hear your report! I haven't had any experience with them; that's why I was asking!

Have a great trip and let me know how it goes.

Will

The Moana is a great midrange boat. Food is fine, cabins are fine, plenty of space on deck, friendly crew. It goes without saying Komodo is some of the best diving in the world.

Back
Top Bottom