Any recent thoughts on Montserrat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgoers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone here been diving in Montserrat in the past few years? Thoughts? Had read somewhere that it is a bit overfished? Having trouble finding much recent info. Appears there are a couple shops, Scuba Montserrat and Montserrat Island Dive Center, currently.

We like kind of small, off the beaten track islands (have hit Saba, St. Eustasius, Salt Cay in T&C, Little Cayman, Virgin Gorda). Enjoy finding a dive op that has small (or very small) groups and long bottom times. Don't need much for night life, some place to go out to dinner and a market to buy some lunch supplies, just hiking or exploring in the afternoon.

If not Montserrat, suggestions of other islands that fit the description?

I certified in Montserrat, just as the volcano was kicking into gear. I would love to go back again sometime, but haven't made it. It was quiet and off the beaten track before the eruption, has to be bare bones now after.

Consider St. Lucia, but not the north end. Also strongly recommend Dominica, which is just getting back into business after a severe weather event a couple of years ago. PM me for more on that if you like.

Anyone here been diving in Montserrat in the past few years? Thoughts? Had read somewhere that it is a bit overfished? Having trouble finding much recent info. Appears there are a couple shops, Scuba Montserrat and Montserrat Island Dive Center, currently.

We like kind of small, off the beaten track islands (have hit Saba, St. Eustasius, Salt Cay in T&C, Little Cayman, Virgin Gorda). Enjoy finding a dive op that has small (or very small) groups and long bottom times. Don't need much for night life, some place to go out to dinner and a market to buy some lunch supplies, just hiking or exploring in the afternoon.

If not Montserrat, suggestions of other islands that fit the description?

I've been to Saba and Salt Cay. I share your desire to find those "out of way" places as well. This has been our latest find...
Clearwater Resort - Guanaja: Trip Report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom