Any recommendations fly fishing guide Little Cayman for a day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have some friends heading down to GC next month. Father and son avid fly fishermen. They have been looking for a guide for a day on LC for fly fishing and have not had any luck. The few they found seem to be only interested and serving guests staying at a LC resort or for multiple days. They were looking to spend only a day on LC fishing. Any recommendations or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Have some friends heading down to GC next month. Father and son avid fly fishermen. They have been looking for a guide for a day on LC for fly fishing and have not had any luck. The few they found seem to be only interested and serving guests staying at a LC resort or for multiple days. They were looking to spend only a day on LC fishing. Any recommendations or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Did you try Little C tours? They may be able to assist or advise you.

The Proprietor (Damian) was a bar tender at LCBR for years until he bought the "Miss Polly" boat from the Tibbetts Family and set up a tour company that offers fishing, snorkeling, touring, and also a BBQ on Owens Island. My understanding is that they will try to accommodate whatever you are looking for.

Little C Tours (Little Cayman) | Caribya!

Little C Tours "Little Cayman" - 2019 All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

https://www.facebook.com/Snorkeling.Boat.Tours.Bonefishing.Owens.Water.Taxi/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBBMmDd47jqwr8-53bqIwy5hcP4EqaYaY_2HF76PwOOZ75oBokLBmWjZnOA4QXfFZnwKvOoMfQjsk6L

Restored glass-bottom boat now Little Cayman tourist vessel | Cayman Compass

LittleC_Tours.jpg

Thanks! I will forward the information on.

If you just love fishing (we do) as opposed to catching, you might want to look into timing. Most of the catching is very seasonal. Definitely worth checking out water temps etc unless you are just happy to spend a day on the water. We live here so it is an easy choice but if I only had a week or two I might be more discerning.

Is there ant Bonefishing on GC.? It seems a shame to go all the way to LC for what will end up as half a day of fishing. Last flight out of LC leaves before dusk.

I was wondering the same thing. Caydiver?

We went out a few years ago with Capt Alfonso on The White Rose. We caught 28 bonefish in 1/2 day. He was highly recommended (by other ops when they heard we specifically wanted bonefish) when we called around looking for someone to take us. It was amazing. All we heard was Fish on. Nothing at all like the small back water boats we have used in the Keys, but an incredible experience. We have gone back out with him several times since and recommended him to friends. Now that we are here and search for the mud ourselves we don’t see him as often but still recommend him. This is not a fancy fishing charter. Bare bones (boat looks like something that was defeated by a famous shark). He and his crew are as local as it gets and have one focus — catching
exqOgjRoM2o.png

Grand Cayman West Bay , Boatswain Bay, 1-345 West Bay, Cayman Islands
Get Directions

9dB1t3-mSuR.png

5 people checked in here
8qRKc8yLmez.png

(345) 325-1472

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom