Any reports yet on the Ikelite AF 35?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, I haven't kept up for a few years, I didn't know the optical TTL was commonplace now. I've had good luck getting technical explanations from Ikelite. They've got a forum here, or you could ask on their website.

Thanks, maybe I will find out there. I haven't even kept up with strobes either given that when I got my P&S, they didn't make external strobes for the P&S, so I lived with the camera's flash for a while.

Sorry to bring up this old thread again, but I just ordered an AF-35 :) I will share my first impressions soon.

Sorry to bring up this old thread again, but I just ordered an AF-35 :) I will share my first impressions soon.

I gave up on my AF35 after it flooded for the second time. The first time under warranty and the second out and they wanted me to buy a new one. No point in putting good money after bad. I think there is a design flaw in the o ring closure. Usually the O ring is a piston design and it's seated against an immovable seal. In the AF35 it's a plastic door held closed by a screw and water pressure. Any warp or bend in the plastic door and your strobe floods.

I received my AF35 today. Will test it on the weekend in a mountain lake here in Austria :)

I just came back from a dive holiday in the Red Sea, where I extensively used my AF35 strobe.
Personally I'm very happy with it, it fulfils all my beginner's needs! It's true that you need to get quite close to get nice colors on the photos, but isn't this always the case in UW photography?

Whilst I was waiting to get my D90 housing back from Ikelite (following a flood), I dug out my Fuji F200 EXR and AF35 set-up for a weekend trip.

Few pictures from the trip, and the turtle was on a night dive. Yes, I play with the settings but you soon learn what settings suit a scenario

main.jpgmain2.jpgmain3.jpgmain4.jpg

Hi all, my name is odon from Indonesia.

I have been using AF35 for 4 trip, and happy with the performance(consider the price and it's simplicity). This strobe relatively low power compared to other entry level strobe i.e ys-02. But if you know it's limit and range you can also make a decent picture :) . Don't expect this strobe for WA, but for macro it has enough power.

I just finished my Gorontalo trip
Please check my flickr page in Gorontalo album :
flickr.com/photos/odontisme

All picture captured with canon s110 in ikelite housing, single ikelite AF35 strobe. For macro i attached 2 stacked opteka +10, but sometimes i just used 1. All shot in manual mode.

These are some picture
3efce76fb7f8a8e70209ce0b72e1b7f2.jpg

53e6d74fe688e8bc99f368d44c037a3d.jpg

322b4067516f93b0bb8cd25daee4b42c.jpg

cbd97488b1a2450d8426f17399905d2b.jpg

8d271075cc98e4e89414ed943e622047.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom