Any thoughts on using a J1 or V1 as a dive camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, it definitely costs too much. And I am not sure how good the camera itself is underwater. I am thinking about this one because I have a D90 body and a few lenses. If I get the j3 with the kit lens, I can get an adapter to use some of the other lenses with it.

Has anyone shot manual with the j3, how do you find it?

Exactly why I bought it to begin with LOL

To be honest, the camera was "sexy" and cool but was often a pain in the ass to get good pictures as compared to a point and shoot or the D90 in auto. That and I had several issues with video.

Thanks, I think that puts the nail in the coffin for the Nikon 1 for me. I read another review that talked about disappointment too. I will put some time into researcher the Olympus E-PL5 instead. So $$$ though, and I am a little worried about how much bigger its going to be over my current setup with the Canon S95 and canon housing. cheers all!

Thanks, I think that puts the nail in the coffin for the Nikon 1 for me. I read another review that talked about disappointment too. I will put some time into researcher the Olympus E-PL5 instead. So $$$ though, and I am a little worried about how much bigger its going to be over my current setup with the Canon S95 and canon housing. cheers all!

I agree. I was trying to get myself a cool "pocket" camera and upgrade my wife's dive setup and failed on both accounts :)

I REALLY wanted this to be a better setup

I've had good luck with the Nikon 1 J1 in the Nikon WP-N1 housing using the Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobe. It's a nice little package, and with the WP-N1 now selling for $96 at B&H Photo, you can't beat the price.

Roberto.jpg

Best,
-Tim

Back
Top Bottom