Any tips for Guadalupe trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha, I'm sure I'm the exception!

It's a pretty amazing experience. Definitely worth doing once. It's not too hard to find discounts - the first time I got $200 off ($2,900 total cost), and the second time I got 50% off ($1,500 total). Just keep an eye out on Scubaboard, Divebooker, etc.

for $1500 pp, i'd be all over it. 3000, not so much, i'd prefer socorro over that.

I got one of the season opener tripple berth spots deals at 50% off it was worth it to go and check it out. Could not see myself doing it at full price unless it was part of one of the Guadalupe/Socorro combo trips

To those who have done the Guadalupe trip - does it get boring after 2 days?

I have a feeling I'd be bored & ready to go home after 2 or 3 "dives" in the cage

For me it did not get boring because each shark looks and acts distinctly different, the angles were very different depending on the position and depth of the cages, and just when you think it’s gotten to be routine, a great white shoots up out of nowhere and breaches in front of you. By the time the diving was done on the third day, I was sorry to be out of the water. Maybe because I saw the famous Lucy on my very last dive. However, I don’t see myself doing the trip again.

To those who have done the Guadalupe trip - does it get boring after 2 days?

I have a feeling I'd be bored & ready to go home after 2 or 3 "dives" in the cage

As others have noted, whether it gets boring or not depends upon you. During my first trip, about half of the people got bored with it after about a day and a half. One individual did one turn in the cage and then was done.

How many and how often sharks show-up tends to vary. On my second trip, we had fewer, but larger sharks show-up. We spend a lot of time in the cages looking out into the blue.

-AZTinman

Nautilus offers them every so often I think it is an 11 day trip

IIRC, there was a couple on our trip that had come from either Sea of Cortez or Socorro, can't remember which, but I think it was a total of 16 days altogether?

As others have noted, whether it gets boring or not depends upon you. During my first trip, about half of the people got bored with it after about a day and a half. One individual did one turn in the cage and then was done.

How many and how often sharks show-up tends to vary. On my second trip, we had fewer, but larger sharks show-up. We spend a lot of time in the cages looking out into the blue.

-AZTinman

Yeah, by day 3, there were plenty of openings in the deep cages. The captain said that was very typical, unless you get tons of sharks. The shallow cages were more fun anyway, and you could come and go in those, for as little or long as you wanted to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom