Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to see you on here Brian. Good lookin teeth. Nice Angy and I like the GW. I agree that finding teeth in muddy rivers is my favorite diving as well. All the diving that I do is dive for fossils, rocks (flint) and shoot fish. Gotta bring those treasures...and some food home.

Okay Brian.... just for funsies.... here is some stuff to trade if ya wanna. :eyebrow:

Click photos to enlarge

Medium size Fragalodons

Larger Fragalodons

Zeagle Weight Pouches (new)

Oneal 3mm Hood with skirt (like new)

Quick Release Coil Lanyard (new)

Octo Retainer / Slitter with Blade (both new)

I sent a request over to Phill. The next Saturday he does a fossiling trip on the Edisto, count me IN!

I keep going back and zooming in on Pond Skippers M5 photo. Man that is a good looking specimen. Makes ya wanna dive in total darkness and get your fin bit.

Hey Lee...I am so new on scubaboard, it took me a while to find my own post! There are so many posts on this thread, I figured I would get an email if someone replies to my post (like on facebook). Anyway, I am sure I am not navigating the site correctly. Anyway, in answer to your question, I would never say screw you. However, this is only my second year as a fossil hunter after 20 years as a diver. I am hooked as you know, but I do not have the "inventory" like you experts to start trading yet...but give me time and some more trips to the Edisto and Cooper. Somebody commented on the GW tooth...need to let them know that I found that one on the previous day in the Cooper. I am going down to Venice sometime in August and hope to dive with AL. Then I will be back in SC in October!

Hello Brian,

Scubaboard, like any other site, takes some getting use to. If you "subscribe" to a thread, you will get notifications and a link when someone makes a posting. The frequency and how you receive notification is adjustable. I make a point to only subscribe to the ones I give a flip about. The alternate reason I suggested trading stuff was to force myself to make photos for Amazon. I have a seller account and it works great. Things sell fast and the money goes straight into my bank account. I dove Venice a couple of months ago. They dont find excellent specimens as frequently as they would have you beleive. They are there. They do find them. BUT they are putting an ENORMOUS number of divers in the water. Every diver does not walk away with teeth. I have been going down there for years. I have found teeth, but nothing to write home about. It takes time and perserverance just like everywhere else. A kayaker told me he was finding teeth on Morris Island front beach. Likely small ones.

Your great white tooth is an excellent specimen, in case you don't already know it.

Here is a clip of a big, roomy, Venice dive boat I tried this year. I really liked it. If interested I will hook you up.

Lee:
You are right...there must be a learning curve because I cannot even find where I would subscribe to the thread. So, for now, I just have to keep checking back. I hear what you are saying about Venice but I do want to give it the old college try, preferably with our buddy Al who knows those waters. Do not post anything more about Morris island! LOL. I thought I told you about it because I took my kids (all under 8)there and they found more teeth than I did on the shore...just not megs, but I hear they are there! Have fun in the Edisto...there is definately a specific technique one needs to use in that river to be successful...much different then the Cooper.

Lee:
For example, I just left this thread and clicked on underwater treasures...then I clicked on the second page to find "Diving for Megs, it's not winter any more!" and there are only 3 pages. So then I have to click on Pondskipper to find all his posts...only to try to THEN find the post where he says, "good to see you here Brian" to finally reach this page. What am I doing wrong??????

Hello Brian,

Here is what I suggest for starters. Look at my visitors page.

On my visitors page look under "Visitor Messages" and you will see where I made these "references" for myself:

Reference:

The Fossil Forum

Black River Fossils

SC Dive Info

Underwater Treasures

They are nothing more than links to get me where I want to go FAST. You can make the same for yourself, on your "visitors page" so that you have a quick path back to something you are interested in.

Another good tool is "subscribed threads"

You can use "subscribed threads" to locate and go to a thread quickly.

You will also be emailed a notification when someone makes a posting. It will contain a link to take you directly to the thread.

Lee:
I cannot even find where I would subscribe to the thread.

Two ways come to mind. Very top right hand corner you will see a button called "User CP" (CP stands for control panel) Click on it. When you arrive at your control panel you will see "List Subscriptions" in the left hand column.

Another way is the pop down called "Quick Links". Under it you will see a button called "subscribed threads"

After a while you will remember where things are. Remember the TV game show called "Concentration" ?

DSC01897.jpg A good dive from the beginning of 2013.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom