Anybody dove Raja Ampat aboard the Pearl of Papua Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pearl is not a comfortable boat. There is no room in the dining area to accommodatare 14 people. It is the only lounging area and is very uncomfortable. The cabins are cramped and there were
roaches happily playing. The electrics are also to behold ie the toaster was live as was the water cooler!
There was a great deal of messing around and disorganisation on our arrival and we were a day late leaving. Whilst the diving was good and well led I feel there are better options when your travelling half way round the world

Bump. Anyone have any new feedback on the pearl? I'm trying to decide between pearl of Papua and black manta. Thanks!

Go with the Black Manta if those are your ONLY two options. But there are other options in that price range.

I've not gone on the Black Manta, but I have been on the "Pearl" of Papua.

....... go with the Black Manta.

Oh, I had already decided on the black manta. There were no other boats in that price range, I don't think. I originally wanted to do the mermaid 2 but it was sold out. Thanks all for confirming my decision tho :)

I just got back from The Pearl and it was great. However 4 flight transfers are necessary from any USA or european airport to get their. You must fly UNG to Sorong.
The customer service was amazing as well as the dining. I got along with the staff and made lots of funny youtube videos and what not on the trip. I would recommend the Peal of Papau to people looking for a 3 star live aboard experience in Raja Ampat Archipelagoes. I just got back April 12th 12 night live aboard.

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2014 at 03:33 PM ----------

I had a great experience diving aboard the pearl of Papua. They did a route down to Missou in the southern and all the way to the northern most site of Raja.

Any comments on recent trips on Pearl of Papual....Considering going in Novermber.

Any comments on recent trips on Pearl of Papual....Considering going in Novermber.

Yes I'd be interested in any recent updates about this operator too... coming up with some attractive 20% discount fares on Liveaboard.com!
The cynic in me has to ask why :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom