Anybody know of a good (long) non-yellow SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt3073b:
<snip>How long at depth (say 66 fsw) does it take to fill the smb? The Carter takes 1.7cf / 3 = 0.566cf to fill. Is that a blip on the reg purge, one second?, 5? I know i can use the air in my wing to fill the smb to maintain neutral while it fills, but that would be over 36lbs of lift. I doubt i'd ever be that heavy even if I had a steel tank (I currently dive wet with AL80).<snip>
I put gas into the bag until it's giving me a good tug. It's enough that I feel that I can barely hold it between a thumb and two fingers.

This is a little more than a second's worth of purge. From 70', it's about 3/4 full when it hits the surface.

I could put in more gas, but I feel it's going to start dragging me above my stop and otherwise be a PITA.

All the best, James

Web Monkey:
Can you let us know what color it is when it comes in?

If it's really red or orange, I'll give them a call and order one. They were probably just frazzled by the hurricaine when I talked to them last time.

Terry

Just arrived. Its red red, not orange. About the same color as the dive flags on the scuba board forums list, maube a bit brighter. A bit brighter red than local fire engines.

Cool!

Thanks!

Terry

ba_hiker:
Just arrived. Its red red, not orange. About the same color as the dive flags on the scuba board forums list, maube a bit brighter. A bit brighter red than local fire engines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom