Anybody used Ikelite's new Dry Lock system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FettSolo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anybody has used Ikelite's new Dry Lock system, and if so, how it compares to the old FL system.

It does seem like there are improvements, but I don't know if it's worth the substantial cost of upgrading.

Ikelite's DL DryLock system is a great improvement! Used on their wildly successful DLM (DryLock Mirrorless) housings and Canon SL1 housing it is simple and super sturdy. Every SLR customer I've sold one to loves it :)

I wrote the first article (still on Ikelite's web site under Inspiration, Articles) when the Canon SL1 housing with the DLM (smaller size hosing) debuted. I wouldn't hesitate to do an entry off a boat with the DL or DLM port system as it's that secure.

If housing any SLR camera with the DL port system I highly advise the new ports to ensure many years of use. Ikelite's available vacuum system ensures even more piece of mind. Many SLR housings come with the vacuum valve installed and others have a pre-drilled port to install one.

Contact me for pricing and my included "real world" shooting tips and advice.

David Haas
www.haasimages.com
Ikelite and Fantasea Dealer

Just wanted to update this and say that I migrated to a DryLock system this year for my Canon 5D Mark III. I've been using the Ikelite FL system for years, and based off of that, DL is a huge improvement. Highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom