Anyone Actually have an ATX Apeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by old guy
I emailed Apeks and they said the ATX50 and the CTX50 are identical. They are just sold in different markets. I just recieved my CTX50 from Leisure Pro. Sure enough, the regulator has the new smaller profile and a yoke (not DIN). The only difference is the purge button says ctx50 not atx50.

I have not tried it out yet.

Interesting??? I wonder what the CTX100 is? Seeing as how the site reflects that the TX100 is the only unit they are not changing, possibly the other version of the ATX200????

Hummmm???? I will give them a call

I thought I read on another thread awhile back that SeaQuest was not interested in offering the ATX-100 here in the US. Check the Seaquest link below to see which models they distribute in the US. I would imagine though that you can probably get the other models that Sea Quest doesn't distribute as grey market gear through LP and such.

http://www.sea-quest.com/pages/regs/reg_apeks.html

received my "official reply today"

The CTX line IS INDEED THE SAME AS THE ATX Line.. only difference is that the ATX200 has a NEW First Stage unique to itself... ALL CTX lines will be replaced by the ATX name by the end of the year. CTX are only avail in GERMANY..

So CTX50 = ATX50

and so on....

When you get your LP bought regs serviced, do you get stuck with the parts bill.

I work at a dive shop, and we are an authorized Aqua Lung/SeaQuest dealer, and it is a sure giveaway that somebody bought their reg online with no warranty when they bring us a ctx (ctx is sold in Europe), and we bill them the parts, which can be very expensive.

"Leisure Pro is Evil"

So are local dive shops that overcharge!

scuba_adventurer, are you saying that the dive shop you work at DELIBERATELY overcharges for parts ("...and we bill them the parts, which can be very expensive...") if you figure out someone has bought their equipment online???

BTW, I notice this is your first post, so welcome to the forum. What shop do you work at again???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom