Anyone Actually use a Sony HC7 Underwater Yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope you took your dramamine pills... I'm probably doing this camera and housing a disservice by posting this... especially at this small resolution... Anyone know of a better free videohosting service for posting short but high quality clips? Not a lot of color in HK waters... Just this constant layer of silt over the place... Luckily got a few clips before the rescue diver students made a mess of the viz...

holding a pic for 1/100 sec with a still camera is sooo much easier... :eyebrow:

try www.megaupload.com

A lot of people complain about all the advertisements and how long it takes to upload/download, but IMHO, how can you complain about something that is free ?

Some UW pics of the HC7 w/Gates Housing taken in Cayman Brac, April, 2007.

Attachments

• HC7UW1.jpg
    HC7UW1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 79
  • HC7UW3.jpg
    HC7UW3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 75
  • HC7UW2.jpg
    HC7UW2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 75
Yep, I think the HC-7 is finally adapting to our cold water. I took it down to 51 degrees today and it looks like the video should come out pretty nice based on what it looked like through the viewfinder. Still can't close focus or WB, but at least I'm getting some footage that comes close to the promise of the camcorder.

Dr Bil
I assume that in 51 degrees waters is very easy to get 'freeze' frame shots, but lets stop with having fun and let us know how your footage looks on your laptop. Maybe posting a clip will show us what the difference is . Posting may help you be discovered.
Paul

scubamickey:
drbill: I got my HC7 earlier this week along with the spare FP70 battery that is supposed to be longer lasting. It too is showing only3 or 3 1/2 hour duration although the packaging leads me to believe it is supposed to last longer.

I sure hope the Ocean Images housing and light system is buoyant. It sure is heavy :D.

Are you using the FP70 or the FH70(listed as the replacement for the FP70 on the Sony website -- which sux BTW)??

The FH70 has a capacity of 12.2Wh (1800 mAh while the HC-7 consumes slightly more than 4Wh depending on whether you are shooting in HD or SD. I am used to looking at maH, but the Sony website doesn't provide power consumption for the HC-7 in mA.

The FP70 specs are no longer on the Sony Website, however the specs on the Yahoo Shopping shows it at 1360mAh or 75% capacity of the FH70.

I am no EE, but it seems that one would get slightly less than 3 hours with the FH70 and slightly more than 2 hours with the FP70....which seems consistent with your experience.....obviously battery consumption is going to be dependent on your actual usage.

I have the NP FH70. The packaging says it is rated at 6.5 hours. The indicator says under 220 min after a full charge and while the camera is topside (warm) without the LCD on.

Otter:
Are you using the FP70 or the FH70(listed as the replacement for the FP70 on the Sony website -- which sux BTW)??

The FH70 has a capacity of 12.2Wh (1800 mAh while the HC-7 consumes slightly more than 4Wh depending on whether you are shooting in HD or SD. I am used to looking at maH, but the Sony website doesn't provide power consumption for the HC-7 in mA.

The FP70 specs are no longer on the Sony Website, however the specs on the Yahoo Shopping shows it at 1360mAh or 75% capacity of the FH70.

I am no EE, but it seems that one would get slightly less than 3 hours with the FH70 and slightly more than 2 hours with the FP70....which seems consistent with your experience.....obviously battery consumption is going to be dependent on your actual usage.
I have the FH70. I mistyped. The packaging says 6 1/2 hours. But I just noticed that the HC7 box actually says that the FH70 gets 160 hours if using the viewfinder and 150 if using the LCD.

My camera, after a full charge, also indicates around 220 minutes. The power consumption for this camera is obviously higher than the previous models and that is probably what the battery labels were created for.

scubamickey:
I have the FH70. I mistyped. The packaging says 6 1/2 hours. But I just noticed that the HC7 box actually says the same thing. 360 hours if using the viewfinder and 350 if using the LCD.

I think this clears up the mystery.....

Otter:
I think this clears up the mystery.....
That should have read 160 and 150. I'm having trouble reading up close these days :D.

minutes...not hours...I need to get some sleep...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom