Anyone been on Danubio Azul to the Galapagos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFuterfas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're looking at liveaboards for this June and noticed the Danubio Azul is much cheaper than the other operations. Do you get what you pay for or is it a good operation? Our only other liveaboard experience was the Nautilus Explorer for the Great White Shark dive at Guadalupe Island, which was pretty nice. :wink:

We were looking at this boat as well. It seems to be impossible to find an actual review anywhere... I don't suppose you have had any feedback on your query yet?

Nope. I haven't found any info on it. Hopefully someone will reply soon.

We have tentatively booked this September 18th for a week long dive trip. Have not heard back yet if it is confirmed, I am guessing due to their minimum 6 people booked per trip.... we shall see.

dogengine,

Did you actually send funds to the company? If so, was it via wire transfer? We are looking into booking M/Y Danubio Azul in October of this year and the Millenium the week before and they are requesting funds be sent via wire transfer. I believe this is common for the Galapagos, however, it makes me nervous transferring that much money without any assurances. The company we are planning on booking through for both boats is Galapagos Experience (galapagosexperience.net)

DiveTheGalapagos, any input or advice?

We booked through liveaboard.com and used credit card. I have used them before with no issue. I have actually never sent a wire transfer in my life. sorry. not much help.

Has anyone done a trip on the Danubio Azul? I'm keen to try a budget option.

Back
Top Bottom