Anyone diving 7/30/16-8/6/16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TT_Vert

Contributor
Reaction score
We'll be there doing shore and boat dives. Would love to meet some SB members. We plan to be at the Wannadive BBQ on Thursday too.

Dave

Today Captain Don's reef and the Forrest off of Klein. Hope to get to Hilma Hooker tomorrow.

Due to depth, it's a 25 minute or so dive off a boat--Much better as a shore dive as it lays up against the reef slope and there's a real sense of cataclysm about it. In addition one is off gassing as one goes up the slope so the dive might be an hour or longer.

yeah it seems like every dive i've done so far I've off gassed as I ended a dive. Have yet to do a 3 minute safety stop given these profiles.

Dove the hilma hooker today, wasn't all that exciting but neat to see the prop. We did about a 50 minute dive w/ about 1000psi left as the couple we met wanted to go up. My max depth was 86'. I think we're going to do some east coast dives to hopefully see some bigger wildlife and more turtles.

Dave

Made it back w/o getting anything stolen. Aside from one time I did not feel that there was a reason to be worried about things getting stolen. In fact the place we stayed had a gate and we left our BCD's and fins/boots out to dry w/o any issues at all. The one time my spidey senses were on alert I saw a small 4 door w/ tinted windows roll by us very slowly at the Hilma Hooker, turn around and go back the other direction. I don't see any reason for a local to be out there and to turn around unless they were being mischievous. There weren't many more dive sites down south so I assume they were just going to head back up north and look for unoccupied trucks. This is just speculation of course.

Back
Top Bottom