Anyone diving DFW this weekend 5/14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tejasmtb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Dallas this weekend and was wondering if anyone was diving in the area? I thought this might be a good chance to try Clear Springs in Terrel out, but I Don't have a dive buddy and it's a bit of a trek from Frisco.

Anyone?

Tejas

Clear Springs is a bit chilly yet. We are doing the open water dives at Athens Scuba Park in Athens for two more weeks. At Athens the water is around 75. The downside is Athens is about two hours away.

We'll be at Clear Springs on Sunday morining. We haven't nailed down a time yet but I get off at 7AM so sometime after that.

Working on my old car this weekend (other expensive hobby) but I could make it out next Saturday or Sunday for a dive or two...

We made it out to CSSP this morning and in the water by 9. For some reason I wasn't expecting a thermocline at 20ft and got a 62 degree suprise. I had left my hood, gloves and 3 mil shorty at home and wore my 4/3 but I just wasn't up for it today. One 50 minute dive at 29 ft max and the first time I have ever backed out of a second dive due to the cold. I'll try it again in a couple of weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom