Anyone ever dived Moheli?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

champacs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, has anyone ever dived at Moheli in the Comoros?
I've dived Mayotte before, and the diving was great, but I can't find much information about Moheli.
Getting there wouldn't be a problem as I live in Reunion so can fly there fairly easily via a direct flight to Grande Comore or Mayotte.

I'm just back from my dive trip to Moheli in the Comoros Islands.
It was very off the beaten path.
Moheli is the smallest of the three Comoros Islands and only gets about 400-500 tourists a year, only a small percentage of whom are divers.
You can dive Moheli Marine Park from Laka Lodge Hotel in the south and you are virtually guaranteed to be the only divers there. Groups are small (there's only one small boat) and although diving is possible year-round, instruction and try-dives are not so that can be a plus-point for some ;-).
Diving conditions are apparently best in September; we were there in January so didn't get to see any sharks (apart from one small nurse shark) but saw rays, barracudas and turtles.
Humpback whales visit from June to October.
I've blogged about the trip here: Smart Travels: Moheli diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom