anyone ever tried a Waterproof D10 ? sizing ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey all
wondering if anyone can give sizing help. i tried contacting the company direct but they won't reply. i am 5 foot 9, about 180lbs, size 9 feet, 43" chest, 36" waist, 39" hips, 29" inseam
i have seen other models from waterproof like the D7. the one i saw was a med lrg. it was way too long in the legs and too big everywhere else.
i have been told the D10 is cut smaller than the D7. so i am wondering if a med lrg might work for me in that model or if it will still be too big. fyi....i dive cold water so need room for some decent undies.
funny enough i was talking to a fella recently who owns a D10. he says he is just a little bigger than i am. he has a size large and says it is tight on him with only a thin base layer.
if anyone has any real world experience with this suit pls let me know what you think
thx
rick

Fitting stays king

Fitting stays king

??? sorry i have no idea what that means haha

It is best to fit the suit

by the flood of replies i see this is not exactly a popular suit haha

I think they are very popular with cold water divers. Dont own one but they look great with little to no complaints by owners.

I just got a ML in the mail yesterday. Im 5'10 178 (as of this a.m.) 42 chest, 32 waist, size 10.5 shoe 32 inseam. Im still trying to figure out how it's supposed to fit, as this is my 1st drysuit. I think it fits fine with the exception that I have long arms, so Im already contemplating if I need the get something like the Ultima Dry gloves, because the silicone seals do not sit @ my wrist bones. They're about an inch up from there when I extend my arm forward (is this a problem???). There's plenty of circumference in the suit. I was just wearing a Tshirt and Adidas Tiro training pants with athletic socks when I tried it on yesterday. My toes kiss the end of the boot, as well.

I'd recommend you take your measurements in cm. The sizing chart is too vague when using inches.

and the model you got was the D10 ? sounds like we are close in size but you are def taller than i am with bigger feet. i found the boots that were on the D7 med lrg fit perfect with heavy socks.
your arm length may be an issue but i think you have a good idea trying the dry gloves. not only willit solve your long arm issue with the seals but dry gloves are awesome. as long as they don't leak haha the ultimas have a very god reputation.
i think no matter what i do the waterproof suits are just too long for me. and as far as i know they do not offer custom measured suits :(

Yup, the D10. My GF bought me an Everflex 7/5 for Christmas (Planning a Galapagos trip in 2021 and want to get some experience under my belt with colder water than 78, and currents etc long before we head down there.) Some of the divemasters / instructors told us to just take the plunge and get drysuits (neoprene) instead. So sent the 7/5 back and found a helluva deal on these d10's actually bought one for me and one for her. I have the suit layed out, if you want me to take any measurements, today. I'm about to start calling around to see if my local Dive Shops carry the Ultima Dry Glove rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom