anyone ever try wearing non-ditchable weight under their dry suit ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good luck getting the chlorine out your drysuit.
/QUOTE]

haha. good point. i do have a bag suit so i assume it won't be a big deal. the undies on the other hand. hmmmmmm

sorry for my ignorance. i had to look up "rib" diving. just fyi, i don not do any diving like that. but i get the idea.
i suppose if i to take off my fully inflated bc at the surface when my suit was completely flooded i deserve what i get. but it should be obvious that is a scenario that would never happen.

Surface entanglement is a very realistic issue, you mix that with a gear failure (flood) and bingo. For example, a year or so ago a diver in So Cal was tangled in kelp at the surface (common), then ditched his rig to get untangled (not unheard of), while still wearing his weights (innocent mistake), he drowned just a few feet from the boat.

The purpose of gear selection is to make yourself as foolproof as possible. Sooner or later we all screw up royally. Why put yourself in a position to pay the ultimate price?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom