anyone ever use sporasub regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with the minicompact for a season. It was a decent inexpensive regulator. I bought it when I was in college (my options: buy a used rental reg. or buy the sporasub). When I got a job, I upgraded to a Mares v16 Epos and never looked back. I was going to hang on to it as a backup, until I got my Visa bill for the Mares... then sold it on Ebay. For the money, it is great. Compared to my Mares though, it didn't breathe as nice. However, I never had bubbles in my face like I have with the Mares. Everything Rodales said about it is true. cm

I have the alto plus not the mini compact. I have used it for a season and I was very impressed with it. I made my first post to get other divers views. The alto plus is a higher end reg compared to the mini octo according to reviews, but I have never used the mini. I have been very happy with My alto plus.:)

I have 2 Sporasub regulators, an Alto Plus and a Matrix (My girlfriend has a Matrix as well) These are all outstanding regulators. Both models are balanced diaphram first stages with adjustable seconds. The Alto Plus recieved both Tester's choice and Best Buy designations from Rodale. The Matrix has not been rated as it is not distributed in the USA.

I got the Alto Plus as part of a package through Diver Supply. The whole setup with Inca BC, Nikos Octo and 3 gauge console was only $450. The only negative comment that I have is the placement of the DBS (primary second stage) port on the Alto Plus. It requires the second and the power inflator to be mounted at 45 degree angles.

The Matrix is actually a Mares V-16 first stage without the black plastic covering, fitted with an adjustable second stage. It is a very good breathing regulator which stays dry in all positions and they are very reasonably priced. I got our Matrixes from Dive Inn for about $100 each and have been highly impressed with the performance.

As Sporasub is now a division of Mares, all replacement parts are available through Mares.

Overall, these are very good regulators at very good price

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom