Anyone going or done any dive trips overseas recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all, I am unable to dive until my hip gets fixed and so I wish to suffer in the meantime. Send me your 'weak and your poor' dive photo's and make me jealous as I am sick of looking at my old stuff.

I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW! if any of you are planning diving in the Philippines as that is the 2nd destination I am planning on going to, once the cruel cut is done. Bali 1st to check out diving and do some warm up macro then off to the Philipines.

I know you've seen these before, but you may enjoy looking at the pictures.

Jim's Web Page

Remember, ice is your friend, religiously do everything they tell you to do in rehab...and don't do more, even if you feel good. Heal quickly my friend and get back in the water - the best therapy there is.

Jim

I know you've seen these before, but you may enjoy looking at the pictures.

Jim's Web Page

Remember, ice is your friend, religiously do everything they tell you to do in rehab...and don't do more, even if you feel good. Heal quickly my friend and get back in the water - the best therapy there is.

Jim
Thanks JIm really enjoyed the search for Batfish which I hadn't seen before. Amazing viz and apart from the batfish the splendid Toadfish out of its hole was great to see. I have not dived in viz that clear in the last 10 years.

Great shots Colo Dale, I am surprised that you and Jim use 12-50 lens and seem to get great results from it. Mine only gets used on occasions and for topside stuff. The 60mm macro takes centre stage.

Having looked at yours and Jim's stuff I will drag it down with me more often. What size diopter do you use with the 12-50?

Thanks. No diopter. Unless I know I am going to shoot macro or only WA with dome port, I use the 12-50mm as a general purpose lense. It kind of takes macro and kind of WA. the 60mm is a fantastic lense. We found a small batfish this Nov in Cozumel but, figures, the only day I didn't take my camera...
Jim Lyle's shots and mine are very similar in style and subject. Don't know why.

giffenk: Never seen anything like this and took me some moments to get my head around them. Thanks a lot.
I have not "seen" them either - they are too small for me to see with my eye sight. But I know they may be there. So I grab a handful of macro shots and then later examine the photos. Sometimes I get lucky.

Another photographer once asked me to ID a shot - it was a solitary gorgonian hydroid - which I knew well at the time. What I did not know is that they sometimes have very very tiny shrimp on them (well they looked like shrimp). From the other photographers pic we estimated the shrimp appeared to be about 2mm long. I have not seen or captured a similar image.

I use a Nauticam SMC-1 macro converter and the flip adapter. With the 12-50mm lens and the lens gear that allows access to the macro switch, I can shoot supermacro up to moderate wide angle. This is my go to rig, allowing me to take pictures of anything I see on a dive. I've been stung in the past, WA setup and macro opportunities and vice verse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom